On October 22, 2014 my son two-year old son Mason asked me for a piece of one of the cashews that I was eating. I gave him a small piece of the cashew and within two minutes Mason was coughing and vomiting. My wife and I immediately realized that Mason was having a reaction to the nut and gave him Benadryl and put him in the car and rushed him to the fire station down the street. When we arrived at the fire station they gave him an epipen and rushed him to Hasbro Children’s Hospital. When we arrived at the hospital Mason was given a massive dose of steroids and was monitored for the next 6 hours. The doctors at Hasbro told us that our quick reaction and recognition of anaphylaxis saved his life. Since that night our world has been turned upside down. We visited an allergist who tested Mason for the rest of the tree nuts and peanuts and sadly he is allergic to all of them. Being the parent of a child with severe food allergies often feels like you live in fear everyday. It is not the calling of companies to make sure their products are safe, or the constant ingredient label reading, or the preparation of your own food for all the events you attend, or the constant need to remind everyone around your child over and over that they can’t give him food unless you approve it…..its the fear and anxiety that one day at the park, at school, the grocery store, the park or even the movies that your child may come in contact with their allergen and it may be fatal. It is that fear that haunts you are night, and consumes your mind during the day. It is my hope that this blog will inspire, protect, and educate the masses in order for us to be more aware of the people around us and to have understanding and tolerance for all.